Thursday, October 4, 2012

Random Thursday


Things that are awesome in my life right now:

I won the "meet your ex with their new significant other" round of life. Because I'm awesome. And I got to laugh in his face when he asked if I still had his phone number.

The hot bartender is now single. This sucks for him, really, because he's a great guy and it was one of those breakups where she just went, "This isn't working out" and never really clarified why. And she's doing the whole "let's still be friends" bit on top of things. So he's pretty angry right now. And while I'm not going to hit on him (although I did shamelessly use him as a buffer against a drunk, horny, businessman last night), at least now I can ogle him guilt-free. Because even in my mind I can't lust after a hooked up guy and not feel guilty.

I told my boss I was going to be out of town for an entire month next year--and he just went, "Okay." Seriously. This is the man who will harass me over the nature of my doctor appointment until I'm forced to embarrass both of us by saying in front of half a dozen people that I have to get a Pap smear, and all he said was "Okay." I must have caught him when he was in a REALLY good mood. I'll probably have to remind him half a dozen times between then and now but it's on the books.

I'm back to work on BORROWED. Time for me to hunker down and get some work done. I'm actually getting a headache just thinking about it but that could also be the remnants of vodka from last night. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

And now--on to the writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment