Friday, September 14, 2012

Food Friday--It's Soup Season

My friends and I have started to watch Dr. Who. Please, for those of you who have always known about the doctor, don't judge me. One of us has NetFlix (actually, her roommate has it, but close enough), so we're starting with Season One, Episode One, and working our way forward. We watched three last Sunday and we're meeting this week for another 3-5.

In honor of this--and because we'll be hungry after another killer day at work--I'm making soup.

A Chicken and Bacon Chowder, actually. Or I may go with a Loaded Baked Potato Soup. I'm still unsure.

Soup is something that you can experiment with and just go wild. I made a BBQ Chicken Chili one time that was interesting, but not something I'd do on a regular basis. If I need a hearty meal for two or three days because I'll be short on time (and probably cash), I go with a Beef Stew (add A1 to it--trust me). For laid back, comfort type food, I tend to go with something cream based, hence the choices above. They're perfect for an evening watching NetFlix with friends, relaxing after a long day of work.

What's your go-to soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment