Friday, September 7, 2012

Food Friday--Hmmm. Steak...

I love steak. Really, sincerely, love steak. Not as much as I love chicken or bacon and only slightly more than I love pork in general, but I have a mild love affair with red meat. I'm not overly particular on the kind of steak--I'm not one of those people who is a total snob and refuses to eat only filet mignon or ribeyes or whatever. I will admit I don't do bones or excess fat and there better not be any blood, but that's about the extent of my pickiness.

The only seasoning salt I use is Lawry's. Sorry, but that's a must. Wostershire? Has to be Lee and Perins. Steak sauce--did you really ask? Of course it's A1.

Ok, so maybe I'm a little more picky than I let on.

There's something about a well-prepared steak that really sets the tone for the rest of a meal. You can almost forgive medicore side dishes if the steak is excellent. If it's not... well. Not even a to-die-for dessert can make up for a lackluster slab of red meat.

What about you guys? Any thoughts on red meat? Please don't tell me I'm the only carnivore....

1 comment:

  1. I like my steak rare as hell and I like it frequently! It's probably my favourite meat. I was gutted when we were on holiday in Spain last month and found none of the restaurants there seem to understand "rare."

    ReplyDelete