Monday, July 2, 2012

Media Monday--Not What I Planned

Orginially, I planned to give everyone my review of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (the movie, not the book, although I've read it). But then my Blogger went nuts and I had other shit to do, so, no longer feeling the urge to go all ALVH on ya'll.

Instead, let's talk horror.

I've been spending the past few days watching various DVDs I own, because, well, there really isn't anything on the damn TV right now. Whenever I have one of these movie marathons so to speak, I tend to stick with a theme. I don't like to jump genres.

This time, I've been doing horror.

In the past few days, I've gone through Darkness Falls, The Reaping, House on Haunted Hill, Constantine (not really horror but close enough), and maybe one or two more, I can't remember. Before I hit the hay tonight, I'm going to be watching Sorority Row and trying for The Skeleton Key. If I really want to be depressed, I'd watch The Mist, but it's Monday. That's depressing enough.

I have no idea why I love horror movies. My mom and sister both hate them. Most of my friends do. I've been told my biological father loved them, but I'm not sure that's the kind of thing that gets passed on by genetics. Since I'm also one of those people who will cover their eyes and hyperventilate during intense horror movies, I really have no idea.

I'm serious on the hyperventilating thing. I did it with The Blair Witch Project, The Sixth Sense, and The Ring. I'm also one of those people who have very vivid dreams about things I watch. I woke up in cold sweats and panics after watching Blair Witch 2, Paranormal Activity, and one other movie. God knows what it was, I've apparently supressed it. Maybe it was the original Boogeyman. (The sequels were pretty laugh-out-loud-tastic.)

So, despite all this, I'm a horror fan. God knows why. Maybe it helps with writing crime fiction. Maybe it helps with writing some of the darker parts of the paranormal romance books. Whatever it is, I've got a wide range of materials to choose from.

Hey, it's the first of the month. FEARNET should have new movies. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment