Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Buildup--We're Almost There!

That's right, folks! We're almost at the release date for Shades of Blood! Right now, I'm just waiting for the ISBN from the head of my publishing company, who is off being her fabulous author self on the Vamps at Sea event offered by Holland America. I'm jealous, because it's a cruise and unless I'm mistaken she gets to meet Nelsan Ellis of True Blood. Yes, you can be jealous, too.

So, I'll keep everyone posted via Facebook, Twitter, and of course, here. Like all the other previous Jude books, Shades of Blood will be only $0.99! Should I raise the prices? Probably, at some point. But right now, I really want people to experience the books. I'll ask some input at a different point.

In the meantime, get ready for Tuesdays to be devoted to the Russian Mafia, money laundering, the Fae, and other seemingly random things. That's right--I'm working on BORROWED, the next Frankie Post novel. And it's off to a (haha) bang already. While Jude and company have a special place in my heart, and Cari and company are more of a from the soul thing, Frankie and company are where I can really play. My degree is in criminal justice and criminology and my family has been in law enforcement for generations, so I'm very at home with crime fiction.

And I love, really, really love, the idea of a character with the characteristics of both the hard-boiled detective and the femme fatale.

In other news, I'm going to squeeze some work out on Winged. I think I'm finally where I need to be in order to get it done. I know some people like to say that you don't need to be in a mood or a place and I'd like to agree with them, but I think that if  you try and force something out, you usually just end up going back and scraping it. So I'd rather wait patiently for the right moment so when the words come they're what's needed and not just something to put a "daily word count". And since I usually wind up spending that time plotting in my head, it's not a total waste.

So there you go! A look at the immediate and kind of distant future. Tomorrow, I should have the first guest post for Writer Wednesday, this one from the lovely Shea MacLeod. And Friday, I'm sharing my 50 Shades of Grey drinking game. Oh, yes. I'm going there. I'm pretty sure my liver can handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment