Monday, June 18, 2012

Media Monday--TRUE BLOOD

Last night's episode of True Blood was not nearly as dramatic and all over the place as the premeire. Which was both good and a little bad. Unlike some people, I don't have a problem with the storylines going all over the place--maybe that's a holdover from my misspent teenage summers watching soap operas such as Passions. Whatever the reason, I actually like all the different view points going on.

What elso do I like? Not Christopher Meloni as Roman. Oh, no--I LOVE HIM. Back when I had the time to watch more than a few hours of tv a week (oh, youth), I ate up Law & Order SVU like it was freakin' candy. As responsibilities, which include waking up at the butt crack of dawn, mounted and grew, I had to give up on Law & Order but still love Meloni. And Meloni as Roman? Oh. My. God. I could not have imagined a better Authority--cold, violent...authoritative. I am not going to lie, that shit was downright fucking sexy.

What was creepy? The little boy vampire. Tara on her first night as a vampire. Terry and his flashback moments (PTSD is just as big of a bitch as I've always imagined)...and Luna. Okay, okay, I might get some flack for this, but what the hell? Really? A man you, I'm assuming anyway, have feelings for, just got the shit beat out of him protecting you and a child he has no blood tie to, and you get pissy because he's trying to NOT fly off the handle and is attempting to be an adult about a situation? Wow, way to be thankful and understanding. Really, nice job there, sweetcheeks.

The Pam flashbacks are proving to be interesting. I'm actually very curious to see the rest of her story and how she wound up tied to Eric. It's a little different from how the books portray things, but it's not neccessarily a bad one. It actually makes her a bit more intriguing. Although the accent is still a little nuts. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Sookie took a back seat this week, which is something I didn't have a problem with. The moments between her and Lafayette were real and touching. Just like the one moment with the newly awakened, newly aware Tara facing down her cousin and her best friend over something that amounted to a massive betrayal. As much as I agree with the desire to keep someone you love around, I also agree with Tara's viewpoint. They turned her into the thing that she hates the most, and it was for an entirely selfish reason. I'd be pretty pissed, too.

Eric and Bill. Oh, it's like the new version of Cheech and Chong without the drugs. Or Starsky and Hutch without the cop parts. Or The Dukes of Hazard without the car and the moonshine. You get the point. They've set up the partnership for the rest of the season, which should be extraordinarily entertaining.

All in all, a great episode. Definitely looking forward to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment