Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday--I Give Up On Recaps.

I should have posted this on Wednesday. I should have posted this at any point in the last week, really.

I can't keep doing these recaps. I'm not going to be so dramatic as to say reading and recapping Guilty Pleasures makes me physically ill, but it's pretty damn close. I'm not big on procastinating--I'd love to say it's that stupid Puritanical work ethic but I'm far from a Puritan--but I honestly go out of my way to find something else to do to NOT read the next chapter.

And I put it off. And put it off. And put it off.

Because reading the old Anita Blake books and knowing what the series becomes makes me depressed. Honest, down to the ground, depressed.

I thought--naively, it seems--that I would be able to recap the books in a vacuum. That I would be able to read them and not think about how everything goes wrong. That I would be able to divorce myself from everything I've learned about the writer, her attitude toward her characters and her attitude toward her readers and critics. I can't do any of those things.

Since I can't, I'm not going to continue the recaps. I don't feel like I can give any person reading them an unbiased, objective view. And while I understand that in essence nothing is unbiased, I also know that I can't give a fair, balanced recap.

So I won't. Instead, I'm going to see about devoting Wednesdays to guest posts and author interviews. I'm sorry to anybody who was eagerly looking forward to more chapter breakdowns, but I can recommend an excellant site:

http://satireknight.wikispaces.com/

1 comment:

  1. Guest posts and author interviews are good!! Best than recapping THAT series.

    ReplyDelete