Thursday, May 24, 2012

Random Thursday: I Had A Thought. And Then I Lost It.

Really, I did. I promise. I was even going to go find pictures, which as you all know, is a major thing for me. I don't believe in searching for pictures. It just annoys me. Although I did like the cat one from last week. And now I feel like I should burn my bad-ass-bitch card because I just admitted to liking a crazy Internet cat photo.

Moving on.

My birthday is in 9 days (or 10 depending on your time zone and how you do your counting)! I will be turning the dreaded Big 3-0. I would care a lot more than I do if I actually looked thirty. Thanks to genetics, an aversion to sunlight, and a lot of vodka, I don't look thirty. Points for me. And thanks to the salon, I don't even know if I have gray hair because I haven't seen my natural hair color since I was like...19. Maybe 20.

Also randomly running through my mind: Peggy McIntosh's "White Privilage". I may have the spelling and title wrong, but it's one of those articles that if you go to college you end up reading like three or four times. I have no idea why it's running through my head. Okay, I have something of an idea, but since it also corresponds with a criminology study that I can't remember all the details on and a whole shit ton of other stuff, I'm not going to talk about it. I feel like there are times I might have been a good investigative journalist, but then I remember my friend who got her degree in journalism and is stuck writing fluffy articles in order to build a portfolio and I decide that if I'm going to write fluff, it'll be fluff of my own choosing. Anyway, McIntosh's article will come back into play at some point. I feel it. I just don't know when.

I have a slew of guest posts/spots coming up in the next few months, so be on the lookout for those. I'm also attending DragonCon for the first time. More details on that as I figure them the hell out.

Now--I'm off to write one of those aforementioned guest posts and do some work on Shades of Blood. Off day? What off day?

No comments:

Post a Comment