Thursday, April 19, 2012

Random Thursday!

Today's randomness  includes:

House cleaning. Despite the best efforts of my mother, grandmother, and sister, I am not a natural housekeeper. I can cook and keep up with minor stuff, but I am not one of those women who has a ruthless cleaning schedule and adheres to it strictly. Example: I currently have about...5 loads of clothes that need to be put away. They're clean, I just hate putting them up, so I haven't done it yet. I must tackling this today. I must also deal with random odds and ends since I'm having a party on Sunday, which brings me to the second bit of randomness for today.

Housewarming Parties. I get that when you first move out or you get married, you may actually need one of these. But I've been living on my own for about seven years--if I need something at this point, it's not the kind of thing I'll be getting as a housewarming present. So why do we continue to call the first party thrown at a new residence a housewarming party? And really, is the name applicable in the middle of summer? Wouldn't you rather have a housecooling party? Things to ponder, along with random bit number three....

Neighbors. I don't consider myself anti-social but neither do I consider myself neighborly. I like to think that's one of the reasons I live in an apartment--I like the idea of people but not the actual contact. So you can imagine my discomfort when my neighbor actually introduced herself to me yesterday. It wasn't planned, not entirely, but part of me wonders (yes, I'm that suspicious), especially since she mentioned she'd been meaning to introduce herself. About the only time I have contact with my neighbors is when I leave them a note saying "I'm having a party, we'll be done by midnight, if we get loud knock on the door, don't call the cops." So I'm already a little weirded out by my neighbor. Because they were friendly. Ah, the wonderfulness of being jaded and cynical.

That's it for today, folks! Check back tomorrow for the return of Food Friday, where I'll be sharing a few recipes involving pineapple (it's my feature party item!).

No comments:

Post a Comment