Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Writing Wednesday!--I'm a TOTAL Baby.

Just in case you don't follow on Facebook or Twitter (and why don't you, may I ask?), I thought I'd share this little tidbit of info with you.

I cry sometimes when I write scenes.

There I said it. Be gentle in your laughter and stone throwing.

But seriously, I've always found it a good indication of whether or not the emotional level of a scene is right--my crying, I mean. Now, I'll admit I cry at a number of things--I cry when I read about the Titanic, I cry when I read books, I cry sometimes when I'm daydreaming and there's a sad song in my ear, I cry during movies. I just cry. You'd think I'm an absolute watering pot in real life, but you'd be wrong. Only in things of the art do my emotions get the better of me.

Hence the issue with crying while I'm writing. It can be a little embarrassing if I'm writing in public and there are tears just streaming down my face. People look at you funny or if they're really bold they come up and you if you're doing okay. And then you have to either lie so you don't look like you're crazy or you have to confess the truth and people think you're crazy.

Dilemmas, dilemmas.

So, you all should know that those scenes where, hopefully, you teared up--so did I. And someone got a glimpse of how nutso writers can be. Job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment