Monday, March 26, 2012

Media Monday--My New Obsession

So, I've recently become obsessed with The Voice. As in watching every episode available OnDemand in one huge stretch. I was already reading the reviews, simply because they kept showing up in my newsfeed thingie whenever I checked the reviews for Smash.

This show is AWESOME. Really, where the hell have I been?

Actually, I know where I've been--I've been over saturated with music shows and with the overt cutsey of American Idol. And so I resisted. And I was an idiot.

The byplay, the actual artistry, is off the charts. There aren't any hokey, gimmicky acts here--these are people persuing their dreams and they are good. They aren't here just to get on television, to have their fifteen minutes of fame. They're the real thing.

Take that, Amerian Idol.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new design. I really like The Voice. Gave up on American Idol a while ago.

    ReplyDelete