Monday, March 19, 2012

Media Monday--It's Almost Time...

...for The Hunger Games! Yes, I'm that excited. I promised my younger cousin I would take him to see the movie as soon as it came out for three reasons.

1) He's really brought his grades up in school
2) The Hunger Games was the first full length novel he read completely through. That's a big deal for a kid with ADHD. He loved it so much, he started reading the second book, Girl on Fire, immediately after finishing HG. Even bigger deal.
3) We both really, really, REALLY want to see the movie.

It's probably going to turn into a group event, since there are quite a few people at my job who want to see it as well. Some of them are like, "But I didn't read the book." And I'm all, "Well, maybe you'll like the movie enough to go read the book afterward." That's what happened with me and Harry Potter. I didn't start reading the books until after I somehow saw the second movie without seeing the first. Granted, I was around 20 or 21 at the time, which might also have had something to do with my total behind the times-ness, but whatever.

So--is anybody else super excited for Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment