Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Writing Wednesday--I May Have Shot Myself in the Foot

And after that cheerful title, let's begin, shall we?

Have you ever known you can do something, but you just keep putting it off and putting it off and putting it off until suddenly you're like, "Oh, crap. I am up a creek without a paddle."? Yes, that would be where I am.

When I made the decision to push the writing envelope this year, I was not anticipating having to work a month of management shifts. And while a month may not seem like the longest time, it is such a time sucker, it deserves some sort of name I can't  think of at the moment. As a result, I'm behind. Not that I haven't been behind before, but I don't like it anymore this time than I did previous times.

I'm a planner. People joke I could plan a war or a wedding given the same amount of time for both and both would be a success. My internal schedule is thrown off right now by a variety of things, internal and external, and it's freaking me out. I can adjust to a thrown off schedule, but it annoys the ever loving daylights out of me.

So, like I said--I may have shot myself in the foot. Now the question is: do I keep letting it bleed, or do I bandage the joker and keep marching?

Three guesses which one I'm planning on doing.

Countdown to vacation: THREE DAYS.

No comments:

Post a Comment