Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Writing Wednesday--Working on a Deadline

This post today is brought to you by exhaustion. That's right, I said it. I'm exhausted. You'll probably hear me whine about that fact until I go on vacation in March, just because I'll be working sixty hour weeks until then. Why, might you ask? The short answer is because there isn't anyone else to pick up the slack. I could go on a rant about how men in restaurants get treated differently than women, but to be honest, I recognized that particular glass ceiling is never going to be broken, and I'm too tired to even think about trying anymore. But I digress. As usual.

In an effort to keep on schedule with the super secret project, I'm pouring as much of myself into getting Jude, Cari, and Frankie at somewhat safe resting spots. This isn't to say I won't be putting out books featuring them in 2013, but my primary focus is going to be on Winged and the sequels. This is one series I honestly have plotted from start to finish (well, mostly finish...I'm still debating the series end, or rather how to end it), and I want to spend the year promoting it. So I'm pushing myself to get to a point where I could, potentially, close out every series in 2013.

What does this mean for you? It means you'll have a lot of books to read over the next 24 months. What does it mean for me? Writing on a pretty strict deadline. Actually, make that super strict. Brutal. Punishing might even be a good word for what I'm attempting to do to myself.

You might be asking why. I'll confess, I don't have a definite answer. Just a sense that this is how the next two years need to proceed. And there's also the benefit that the more I write, the better I get. It's just a plain and simple fact.

The downside to all this? I'm a little stressed and a little cranky. This isn't actually too far from my normal personality, so it might be better to say I'll be super stressed and really cranky. Luckily for you guys, I know how to play nice on the Internet.

But I pity the people I work with.

Today, I'm over at Hesperia Loves Books as the Taken blog tour continues. Swing by and see what's going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment