Monday, January 9, 2012

Media Monday--I'm Drawing A Blank

This is not a clever title. This is me, after working 115 hours in two weeks, going..."My brain hurts. It hurts a lot. And I can't think of a damn thing to write about."

It's not that I haven't watched anything interesting lately. I watched the first two episodes of Game of Thrones on HBO the other day. I'm intrigued, but not sure how intrigued I actually am. It might have just been boredom in general that had it catching my interest.

I also watched Cowboys and Aliens, which was pretty good. Of course, I also have an intense love for Daniel Craig and I love redemption stories, which is what you can boil Cowboys and Aliens down to. Shark Night? Well, it made me reconsider buying an island for all of like five minutes, but other than that, nothing too long lasting. The Social Network cemented my love for David Fincher. Seriously, if any of my books ever get turned into movies, I want this guy at the helm. He's just that awesome.

While I was going over edits last night, I watched Happily N'Ever After, which is such a throwback to the super early way of new animated features that I felt a little nostalgic. And I admit, I giggled at the redneck dwarves. "Lock and load, Cletus!" Seriously, picture a dwarf saying that with a big, thick, hick accent, and try not to laugh. Try it. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I also watched Piranha 3D, which somehow manages to be campy fun and gross as hell all at the same time. My cats sat in front of the TV and watched the opening sequence where Richard Drefyss (spelling, I know) bites the big one--or rather, is bitten by the multiple big ones--so intently, I swear they were getting ready to review it. Then they realized how big and vicious those fish were and decided they had better things to do.

So, that was my weekend viewing lineup. Continuing on the Taken blog tour, I'm over at Book Savvy Babe today, so be sure to swing by and check it out.

Happy reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment