Friday, January 27, 2012

Food Friday!--BBQ Chicken Chili

Woohoo! We've got ourselves a recipe. I actually just made this up yesterday. I happened to be wandering around the grocery store, thinking what I wanted to cook for dinner, and the idea of everything just came into place. I'll be honest, I wasn't even sure how it was going to turn out, but it worked out pretty damn well, if I do say so myself.

1 pound ground chicken (Perdue makes a pretty good package, and they also offer ground chicken breast for the super health conscience)
1 cup diced onion
2-3 tablespoons garlic butter (Land o'Lakes does a nice little package)
3 tablesppon diced garlic
3 small cans Hunt's garlic flarvored tomato sauce
8 oz Bullseye Carolina BBQ sauce (this is a vinegar based sauce, sweet but tangy--you can use any variety you like, but I find the tang brings out the flavor better)
4 tablespoons A1 Sweet Hickory BBQ Steak Sauce
3-4 tablespoons chili powder
1 can of white and yellow corn
1 can light red kidney beans (I usually use Bush's)

Melt the garlic butter in a large boiler. Add the diced onions and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes until the onions are tender. Add the ground chicken and cook until good and crumbly, usually about 10 minutes on medium. Add the BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, steak sauce, and chili powder. Mix throughly, tasting for flavor. Add more BBQ sauce or chli powder according to personal preference. Add corn and kidney beans. Cover and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 1-2 hours. Serve with sharp cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream.


That's it guys! Have a great weekend and I'll catch you on the flip side!

No comments:

Post a Comment