Monday, December 12, 2011

Media Monday--Damn you, Urban Spoon

I promise you, that headline makes sense.

On Saturday, I did what I normally do. I came home from work, and despite my best efforts, I fell asleep. When I woke up, I fiddled around for a little bit, not hungry enough to go to the trouble of making a full meal, but at the same just hungry enough to eat. So, I made myself a salad, and sat down to do a little research for my trip in March.

I came across the name of a restaurant that sounded interesting. I thought to myself--"Hmm. Let me check this out on Urban Spoon."

I did. And I got a virus.

You can imagine my annoyance.

Thankfully, I managed to pull everything important off my laptop, including music, pictures and various works. And then I went out and bought/rent to owen-ed a desktop. It's pretty cool. I'm going to have to get used to it, but it's still pretty cool.

I still have my laptop, and theoretically it found a restore point. I'm still convinced there's something on it, so when I can I'll get it cleaned up. But for now--damn you, Urban Spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment