Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Writing Wednesday--NaNoWri Update

Sadly, there is nothing new to report. I've been focusing on editing Shades of Desire, which, if you know me, you know I loathe. Not as much as I loathe formatting, which is sort of my own version of hell, all nine levels of it, but editing is not something I love by any means. I'm roughly halfway through the edits, with two weeks to go before I ship them off to my lovely editor. Which means two weeks of beating my head against walls and desks and whatnot. Joy.

As far as Harvest Moon Rising, I'm still kind of feeling my way through. There's going to be a lot of personal dynamic interplay, not just between Mike and Cari, but between Cari and a variety of other people, both new and old. Something that was repeated quite a bit in New Moon Rising was the idea that knowing just one thing changes everything--yet, overall, there really wasn't a lot of change, not for Selene or Mike or Cari. Harvest Moon Rising? TONS of change. Some of it will be for the good, some of it not, and some we won't see the repercussions for right away.

So, no new writing. But plenty of writing stuff. I'll count the week a win, although by NaNoWri standards I'm failing horribly. But I'm doing it with a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment