Thursday, November 17, 2011

Random Thursday!

First bit of randomness: the restaurant across the street from the restaurant where I work got robbed last night. Robbed as in all the employees got shoved in the cooler for like 4 hours robbed. Crazy, right? That's all we manage to keep saying here. Well, that and the prediction that the holiday season will be a new level of nuts this year if this type of crazy is starting already.

Second bit of randomness: I got stood up last night. Yes, I'm perfectly willing to admit/whine about it. Even worse? I had the sneaking suspicion it would happen. Because after three years of severe off and on quasi-relationship with this person, I have a pretty good idea how he works. Even worse than that? I was--still am--more annoyed with myself than with him. Because even if he can't do better, by this point I should be doing better. Self actualization is one of the crappiest parts of being an adult.

Third bit of randomness: I'm booking my flight for New York by the end of the month. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I've never flown before and I've never been to New York, so I'm going to be such a tourist--but by no means do I intend to look like one. More details on that as the date approaches.

And now, I'm off to work--meaning edit, edit, edit, and maybe write. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment