Thursday, November 3, 2011

Random Thursday!

Today's randomness--The fair is in town, the fair is in town!

I'm excited, can you tell?

The North Florida Fair comes to town once a year, always right after Halloween and right around the time it gets cold. Yes, we know when the weather is going to turn based on when the fair is going to be in town. Only in Florida.

Last year, and again this year, a big group of people from work are going. Partly so my younger cousin has someone to go on crazy rides with, mostly because we're all really big kids at heart. My favorite ride? The Tilt-a-Whirl. Seriously, I could ride that thing all night long and be perfectly happy. Least favorite? Anything that goes off the ground. I'm terrified of heights, but I always force myself to go on the Ferris Wheel, simply because I am terrified of heights. It's like I have to prove to myself that I am, in fact, a hardass, and the only way available is to scare myself spitless.

Other things on the list to do today--get started on NaNoWri. Yes, it's only day three and I'm behind. I'd like to blame my sinus infection, but if it didn't keep me from going to the bar and it won't keep me from the fair, then I can't really use it as an excuse. I'm just behind, that's all. A situation I am off to rectify, right this moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment