Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Writing Wednesday!--NaNoWri (or however you say it)

So. Against my better judgment, I've decided to participate in National Novel Writing Month. Why against my better judgment, you ask?

I don't do well with non-self imposed timelines.

If I say to myself, "Self, we need to get Project X done by this date", the chances are good I'll get it done. Because I set the goal myself. While there might be outside influences, such as fans, sales, etc, my writing timeline is my own.

Participating in NaNoWri takes that out of my hands. Because what do I hate more than non-self imposed timelines? Failing.

Yes, I know that not making the 50K doesn't mean that I've failed. But I will feel like I failed. Because I'm neurotic like that. And there's not a lot I can do about that little character quirk at this stage in life.

So, November may find me completely nuts. Or it may find me with a completed novel at the end. Who knows right now--we shall have to wait and see. For now, I'll resign myself to editing hell and twiddle my thumbs until Tuesday.

Wish me luck. I have a feeling I'll need it.

1 comment:

  1. We should just call November the nutty month with Nano going on. After reading Jude's stories, I don't think you need luck:) I'll cheer you on as I try to finish my own.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete