Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Writer Wednesday!

So, first things first--I'm posting this from my phone, so I may not catch every error. But, how awesome has technology come that I can blog from my phone while I wait for the movie to start?

As a writer, technology is one of those those things I find easy to forget how important it is, when besides my imagination it's something I really can't do without. Imagine for a moment how the world would be without the advent of the Internet and everything that's popped up from it. Self publishing, e-readers, cheaper books--none of these would be possible without the Internet. And yet, I find it all too easy to forget how big technology is, simply because it is, in fact, there.

So, while I watch a movie where technology will do us no good (Contagion, in case you're wondering), let's take a moment to appreciate everything technology as accomplished, across every field.

Including letting me share this from a movie theater.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I am so very confused. I was looking for your next book in the Jude Magdalyn. Although Amazon has a review listed, the book is listed as out of print. Is there a release date? Any info would be very helpful. Thanks
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late response, Dolly. The next Jude Magdalyn book will be out in February--it was previously self-published, and right now is currently in re-edits before coming out under Red Hot Publishing.

    In the meantime, why don't you check out New Moon Rising, or try Taken, which is due out Nov. 8? Either way, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much. I can't wait!! I've got New Moon Rising on my Kindle but am finishing up another book. Looking forward to Taken also.
    Thanks again.
    Love you Blog
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete