Friday, September 16, 2011

Food Friday--Deviled Eggs

I realized something the other day--it's been forever since I actually shared a recipe on Food Friday. I'm actually preparing this today to take to a cookout/day drinking event. It's a standard party treat that never gets old.

*Boil a dozen eggs (please, don't make me explain this part)
*Ice, peel, and halve; keep all the yolks in a separate bowl.
*Add mayo, mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
     This is where you can get creative. Depending on my mood and the occasion, I'll use Creole mustard with Tony Catcatori seasoning, or honey mustard with sea salt, or even just good old fashioned yellow mustard. Like I said, get creative, work with your own personal tastes. It ain't called the incredible, edible egg for nothing.
 *Spoon the filling into each egg half; dust with an appropriate spice

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just "discovered" you book, Shades of Gray. Any more coming?
    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete