Friday, September 30, 2011

Food Friday!--Customer Satisfaction

First things first--I'm thinking about doing one of two things: either changing the focus of Friday from food, which would result in a blog title change, which I really don't want to do. Or, posting every other Friday. Why? I like talking about food, but at the same time, I don't. If that makes sense. I'll decide later.

So, today, what's floating through my mind food-wise is this: if you're a picky eater--I'm talking like, it takes a solid five minutes to give your server your order--actually, scratch that, so picky that no matter how many times you go to a place, the kitchen never gets it right, despite the best efforts of every person on the staff, including the manager--why would you continue to go there?

I'm not asking/thinking this in a rude way. It's a genuine curiosity. Everyone has a right to be picky about their food, especially when they're paying for it. I know that whenever I go out to eat, if I get chicken, I always ask the kitchen to burn it, like literally BURN it. I can count on one hand the number of the times the kitchen as taken me at my word--I guess everyone thinks I'm pulling their leg, when in fact I'm straight serious. Still, I don't throw a fit, I don't ask things to be recooked, I especially don't cause a flat-out scene.

So, I don't understand why other people do. Maybe my patience comes from working on the other side. Or maybe I was raised with manners, which is something some people today seem to be sadly lacking in. I really don't know where the difference in handling the situation comes from. Readers, any clues?

No comments:

Post a Comment