Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!

Whew! I honestly didn't know if I was going to get this up for you--today was like a Monday, but worse - first the car wouldn't start, work was slow, then found out had to replace the car battery, then came home to do uploads which I suck at apparently. And after this, I still need to work on stuff for the upcoming blog tour (more on that on Thursday). I'd like to say I'll get some editing and writing done, but I try to save lying for major occasions, like saving the world.

Speaking of saving the world, I just finished the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. Yes, I'm late. I read the first book a few months ago, and just couldn't get into the series. But I happened to be at the library last Thursday and they had the other four books and so I said, "Why not?" Thank God I did. I'm not sure if I'll buy the series, because as much as I loved it Mac did get on my nerves, but with Borders going out of business, I may get them on the cheap.

And speaking of the library, I also picked up the first three books in the Iron Fey series. (Thanks, Bookish Snob!) I actually plan to start reading as I'm getting into bed, so this teaser is way beyond random for me.

"Human?" The girl cocked her head the other way. I caught a glimpse of pink gills under her chin. "My sisters told me stories of humans. They said they sometimes sing to them to lure them underwater." She grinned, showing off her sharp needle-teeth. "I've been practicing. Want to hear?"
 So, clearly, I have no idea what's going on. But it sounds downright interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment