Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!

Ah, Tuesday. The day when I would normally rush to the bookstore after work to see what there is to be bought. Alas, this day will soon become more depressing with the closing of Borders. Don't get me wrong, B&N is good and all--but my heart will always belong to Borders. I digress.

I'm currently in the middle of re-reading Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts. I love all Nora Roberts books, without fail, so this is something of a light, familiar read, deserving of a fun, light tease.

"...Then she went too far, she went one step too far."
"What did she do?"
"She called me a--a floozy."
Jed blinked, gamely struggled to swallow the tickle at the back of his neck. "A what?"
"A floozy," she repeated, slapping her fist on the chair.
"Let's go take her down."

Classic Nora Roberts humor. And I happen to love the word floozy myself. Along with wench and harlot.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment