Monday, July 25, 2011

Music Monday--Guilty Pleasures

Come on, you know what I'm talking about--the songs you know you shouldn't love, but you just can't help it. Hell, maybe there's an artist you're embarrassed to admit you own one, if not all, of their albums. I'm talking about the stuff that if someone were to pick up your iPod and hit play and it came on, you'd swear up and down you have no idea why it's on there.

Because it's my blog, I'll go first. But don't think that means you can't chime in.

Guilty Pleasure #1--Annie Lenox, Broken Glass
I've said it before, I'll say it again. This is my go-to song for feeling good. They play it on the satellite radio at work, and I just bounce around like a demented person.

Guilty Pleasure #2--Journey, Don't Stop Believin'
Oh, come on. Seriously? How could I not have this on the list of guilty pleasures. It is the ultimate white person song in a bar deal. Although to be truthful, I'd never heard it until my friend Sam told me to watch the movie The Comebacks. Classic.

Guilty Pleasure #3--Britney Spears
Yes, everything by Britney is a guilty pleasure. I don't give a crap about her personal life. I just like her music. Don't get me wrong, not all of it, but enough to take up a good thirty minutes or so if I got stuck in traffic.

Guilty Pleasure #4--Taylor Swift
Actually, I don't feel guilty about this, even though I'm just a bit shy of thirty. I love Taylor Swift. Out of three albums I can count on one hand the number of songs I don't care for. And it's not even that I don't care for them so much as I just don't care either way about them. She has a knack for writing songs from the view of just an ordinary person, which makes them very relatable, no matter your age. She's got a long career ahead of her.

And finally, Guilty Pleasure #5--South Park, Cartman's Version of Poker Face
You will have to trust me on this. If you can find in on YouTube, you will laugh your face off. No clue on the episode number, but it's the one where Stan (I think) goes off to save the whales from the Japanese. Again, classic.

And now that I've shared mine--what's your guilty music pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment