Thursday, September 23, 2010

Fighting the Good Fight

I'm going to do my best to make sure there's no typos, but I just got off work and my brain is a little fried. Night shift is...special is the only word that comes to mind. But I digress.

It's been almost a month since Shades of Gray hit Kindle. I can't really say I'm selling any, but that might be because I'm giving away copies for review. So my wallet isn't happy, but I'm fairly used to that. It's almost a constant state of being, the weeping of my wallet. But I digress again.

While I haven't achieved a boatload of sales--not even a little toy boat sized load--I have gotten some favorable reviews. At this posting, it's two, with at least two more coming in the next couple of weeks. I'll throw those links at the end of this blog for all the curious. The general consensus is good. Damn good, actually, which makes me really happy. It's always good to have affirmation of your work, especially from someone other than your mom (I still love you, Mom--just saying).

So positive reviews--check. Increased internet exposure--working on it.

This blog is one way to get the word out. I know, I tend to just ramble, sometimes incoherently, but at least you're reading it. (You are reading, right? You're not just skimming?) I hope I'm entertaining you at least a little. If you out there in cyber world have any particular topics you'd like to see talked about, just holler.

I've been tentatively working the forums on Amazon and at goodreads.com. I don't want to annoy the devil out of people (although it might be less bothersome than an exorcism), but I want people to buy my book, damnit. I think what I'll end up doing is hitting the major threads once a week and keep my eye out for relevant threads.

Facebook is a small but slightly relevant presence. My group is small but word of mouth has been known to work wonders. Twitter is...difficult. I'm going to try and be a better Tweeter, but who knows how that's going to work out.

So the fight continues. Now, if only I had Gerard Butler or Viggo Mortenson to keep me company...


The links:
http://www.untamedbookreviews.com/review%20archive/Shades%20of%20Gray.html
http://www.all-review.co.uk/preview

No comments:

Post a Comment