Thursday, June 3, 2010

Things of Minor Importance

First off--it's my birthday! I'm young enough to enjoy it, but old enough that I don't necessarily tell people my age right away. I plan to write, read, sleep, go to dinner and a movie, and then probably get into trouble. I'm very good at the last bit, or so I've been told.

Speaking of movies--tomorrow is like movie craziness. There's either three or four movies coming out that I want to see, and since I'm off tomorrow (I know, total craziness), I'll probably spend half my day at the theater. I may have to take them up on that free refills on a large drink offer. It'll save me some cash, even if it doesn't save my bladder.

And speaking of saving things (I wonder if this is being on a roll, or constantly chasing rabbits), I've finally broken through the block that was holding up Shades of Desire. I'm probably going to end up cutting the equivalent of a chapter, maybe two, and this is before I've even finished the book. But I don't think I'll be able to finish the book without doing this bit of surgery--in fact, I think the fact that I hadn't done it yet was the reason I was blocked. I was already dreading the cutting and rewriting. But now with my brain in place, I'm ready for the scalpel, as it is.

So, the last thing, not of minor importance. But definitely of importance nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment